Creating video projects and presentations are quite popular nowadays. The use of video in the classroom is an effective resource since it enhances the students’ memory and allows them to see the actual event or process.
Animoto is a web application that provides a simple way to incorporate video clips, images, text and music into a short digital video wherein you can share online.
Videos are one of the best supplementary tools in class and as an educator communication through the use of video is very powerful and engaging. There are different ways in which teachers use videos in the classroom and here are pointers on how to use Animoto alongside your classes in Eliademy.
1. Go to www.animoto.com and sign up or log in to your account
2. Click on create to start the video making process.
3. Choose your preferred style. There are a lot of styles to select from so pick out one that is suited to your presentation.
4. Then you are directed to the editing page wherein you can opt to change your current style, add photo, video and texts.
5. By clicking “Change Style” this window pops out and lets you choose another style.
6. By clicking “Add Pics and Vids” this window opens and you can choose to upload images and video clips from your computer, Facebook, Flickr, Photobucket, Picasa, SmugMug, Instagram and Animoto’s own image and video clip library.
7. By clicking “Add Text” this window comes out enabling you to add a title and subtitle to your video.
8. Once images and videos clips are placed in the editing box you have an option to have them on spotlight, rotate, duplicate or delete. You can review what you have created by clicking on “Preview Video”.
9. The “Preview Video” function lets you view what you have done if you’re finished you may click on “Produce” to export the video.
10. Once the video has been exported you can share it in social media and in your class in Eliademy. Just click on “more”.
11. Then click on “Copy to clipboard”
12. And paste it in your class in Eliademy for your students reference.
The use of video in education are valued greatly since this can engage students, spark a conversation and bring lessons to life. Teachers can utilize videos through recording class presentations, video projects, instructional videos, video blogs and compiling online videos to supplement the class; these are just some of the myriad of uses of videos in education. This is your time to create, innovate and use your ingenuity on how you can step-up your students’ learning in Eliademy be it with the use of videos or other tools.