As of today, Eliademy Premium is used by over a thousand of NGOs, public schools, and commercial organizations. Today we are launching a better version of administration interface which makes managing team members, students and enrollments much simpler.
The biggest change is an addition of separate roles, once you open user management screen you will see 2 distinct lists. “All people”, a list which collects all registered Eliademy users who ever attended any of your courses. And “Organization team”, a list of user with special roles:
- Account owner can see and modify any course created by this team
- Administrator can see and modify any course created by this team, but can’t access billing interface
- Observer (or Teaching Assistant) can see any course created by this team, but can make changes only in courses they teach
- Organization instructor can see only courses they teach, don’t have access to admin interface
As before, courses created by any team member are automatically linked with your organization and may be delivered as private. Roles can be changed anytime by a group administrator. Among other changes:
- Admins can see a status of each sent invitation (delivered/opened) and resend it if a recipient was not able to receive it.
- My Courses tab for account owner and admin displays only courses where those users have explicit roles as an instructor or student.
- Organization Courses tab displays a list of public and private courses created by users of an organization. This list is visible to account owner, administrator, and observer.
- Roles can be assigned upon sending and invitation to join the team.
- Administrator can create custom groups for all users (not only team members) and see at once all users not yet assigned to a group.
- Administrator can duplicate or jump directly to any course from “Manage Enrollments” screen.
- Administrator can easily enroll already registered user without sending them a course invitation.
Theses changes are available for all Eliademy Premium users starting today. Please let us know what you think about them.
If you still don’t use Eliademy Premium, you can give it a try with 30 days free trial. Please note, if use Eliademy as NGO or public educational organization you can apply for an academic license.
Thank you for the outstanding amount of feedback, improvement ideas and encouragements. We are really proud to have such an active and supportive community.
– Sergey Gerasimenko, co-founder & CPO
Even though June is official end of a study year, we still got aver 200 message from you with various ideas for improvements via UserVoice. Thus we made June or official “improve everything” month, in particular we:
- Set all embedded videos to fill the with of the page – you don’t need to adjust size of any embedded video manually to make it look great
- Improved export grades functionality with unicode support (if you teach in Mongolia, Russia, Taiwan or any other country with non-latin alphabet)
- Added HMTL anchoring functionality to visual editor
- Simplified submitting answers UX
- Introduced simple visual cues to separate open courses from private ones
- Optimized performance of user management and mass enrollment for premium users
This all seems to have a great effect on your satisfaction. During June we got the following messages about Eliademy:
- A great site for teachers (from Adrian Prieto)
- A great site full of excellent tools (from John Cowell)
- We can confirm homework and communicate with my friends in English. (from anonymous in Japan)
- This is my first experience as a student in Eliademy and I am planning to make own course here. I like the features and functionality. (from Laila Bröcker)
- It is a perfect tool for my classes (from anonymous in US)
- Easy to use & Excellent Customer Support (Patrick Mulcahey)
- Eliademy provides me with the opportunity to create online courses for my students and for those who are interested to join our virtual classroom (Marinella Garcia)
Thank you for your feedback and encouraging words during this month! This really means a lot to our entire team. We are off to enjoy this chilling summer in Helsinki.
– Sergey Gerasimenko, co-founder & CPO
Art Shape is a non-profit organisation that runs a countywide programme of arts courses and projects with a specific focus on disability issues and social inclusion. Based in Brockworth, Gloucestershire, in the UK, Art Shape was established in 1993. The aim of the organization is to help people realize their creative and learning potential. Art Shape notably works with people, adults and children, facing disabling barriers such as learning disabilities or physical disabilities. The organization runs socially inclusive events aiming at tightening the community cohesion and bringing various groups of people to work together.
The organization offers both offline and online courses on art. Some courses have a purely recreational purpose, while others aim at developing the employability of the learners. It also offers a full high-level programme of artistic and professional training and mentoring, delivered over 2 calendar years. The programme called Art Bridge is “a way forward for talented and emerging artists facing disabling barriers”.
We support the work of Art Shape in overcoming the barriers of disability with art.
All non-profits and public academic institutions have access to Eliademy Premium for free and those organizations can save 100.000s of euros per year by using it as a replacement for Blackboard or Moodle platforms for instance.
Toastmasters International is a very large nonprofit educational organization, with offices in 126 countries. Throughout its history, it has served over 4 million people, helping them develop and master their communication, public speaking and leadership skills. Today, the nonprofit serves more than 300000 members in over 14650 clubs.
Simple online school is an India-based non-governmental organization and a good online educational project. The NGO recently started using the e-learning platform Eliademy so as to spread knowledge in schools, institutions, organizations and among individuals. It aims for the holistic growth of school children and individuals – online.
Today, we are very pleased to welcome on the e-learning platform Eliademy another non-governmental, non-profit organization, which act for the protection of human rights all over the globe.
People in Need is a Czech NGO promoting humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. Its members believe that “people anywhere in the world should have a right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights“.