Eliademy is a community-driven platform. We have gotten over a thousand direct messages, votes and open suggestion on how we should improve course quizzes. Today, we are proud to announce the launch of a brand new quizzes and assignments interface.
First, we have split all tasks on Eliademy into 2 distinct categories:
- Assignments – a task that requires an answer from a student (an essay for example) which needs to be checked and graded by a course instructor
- Quizzes – a task with a set of predefined questions that student need to complete on their own and get an instant rating
New quizzes highlights. For each quiz instructor can:
- Add a welcome and closing message – text that students will see before and after taking a quiz (it can be used to specify pass rate, or give additional explanations for results)
- Specify “start date” on which all students on the course will be able to see the quiz (by default start date is set to current date, if you would like to hide the quiz – please remember to adjust starting date)
- Specify “due date” by which student have to complete the quiz
- Allow or reject late answer – enabling this option, allows students completing quiz after the due date, but leaves a mark for instructor
- Choose whether questing should be shown in sequential or random order for students
- Specify amount of attempts a quiz can be taken
Quizzes have 3 types of questions:
- Multiple-choice: a student needs to choose one or several correct answers for a question (please note that partially correct answers still counted as fail)
- True/False: a student needs to choose weather statement in the question is true or false
- Short Answer: a student needs to type a word, a number or a phrase as an answer to the question
For each quiz question an instructor can:
- Add text, math formulas, media links and pictures (we have the same editing interface you use on the course)
- Add a short explanation which student will see after answering the question
- Change order of the questions in the list (in case you want students to complete quiz in sequential order)
When student starts the quiz and answers a question:
- Correct answer and explanation will be shown immediately if student has only one attempt
- For multi-try quizzes student will only see weather answer is correct or not after answering, and will see all correct answers and explanations only after sending quiz results
We also have a new “results” interface for instructors – results of all students are shown in one dashboard along with an option to reset progress individually (to give one more extra try for a student).
New assignments highlights. Improvement to the assignments UX follows the same principle of a unified interface. As an instructor:
- You have the same controls for start/due dates and late answers like on quizzes page
- You see all results for all students on a single summary block right under the assignment
There is a noticeable change when it comes to task submission and grading. As of now, students can modify draft answer unlimited amount of times (upload documents, change text, etc). Once an answer is submitted, no further changes are allowed. However, course instructor can choose to give feedback and ask for corrections, instead of grading the answer right away. This will give an option to a student to improve answer and resubmit.
Linking tasks and topics
Last but not least, we have added an option to link tasks and topics. If you would like students to complete a certain assignment or quiz right after reading course chapter, you can admit by clicking “link task” from the footer. A panel with selected task will be displayed right under the content block.
Give a try to new quizzes and tasks and let us know what we can do even better.